Welcome to Canadian Communications Law, the newest blog from Stikeman Elliott LLP.
Drawing on the knowledge and experience of our Communications Group, this blog will feature information and commentary on a variety of legal, legislative and policy developments in the area of communications, including:
- Radio and television broadcasting
- Cable and satellite distribution
- New media and internet content
- Broadcasting and internet copyright issues
- Wireline telecommunications
- Wireless telecommunications and spectrum licensing
- Convergence issues
- Competition in broadcasting and telecommunications markets
- Transfers of ownership and Canadian ownership requirements
- Unsolicited telecommunications, Do Not Call List and anti-spam requirements
In addition to a number of current posts, we are launching the blog with a few recent posts relating to communications law, previously posted on our sister blog, Canadian Technology & IP Law, that readers may find of interest. Our Archives also include a number of articles originally published as client bulletins.
We invite you to subscribe to the blog via RSS or eMail, or just stop by occasionally to see what’s going on. We would also welcome your comments on what you’ve read here, or what you’d like to read here.